Plastic Surgery & Surgeons in Arlington Heights, IL
More people are choosing to get plastic surgery than ever before. It can help with improving a person’s appearance, thus boosting their self-esteem or it could be necessitated because of injuries, deformities or issues created by disease.
In any case, when trying to find a plastic surgeon in Arlington Heights, IL, you can be overwhelmed with all the options that are available. Placing yourself in the hands of an incompetent surgeon isn’t wise and can cause disfigurement or worse.
It’d be to your advantage to do your homework. We can assist you in recognizing what you need to investigate for finding the best professional to fit your personal needs.
What do I look for in a plastic surgeon?
When choosing a surgeon, you must be certain that they’re board certified. Not just by any board, but by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). When a doctor has credentials at this level, you can be confident that they’ve achieved the highest standard of training in their field.
The surgeon’s qualification at this stage would include:
- Earning a degree from an accredited medical institution
- At least 6 year of surgical training, minimum of 3 year of plastic surgery
- Taking a demanding oral and written exam
- Continual education to keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Having hospital privileges, this mean being able to practice in a safe environment, in case there are complications
Some questions to ask the surgeon:
- How many times have they performed the particular procedure?
- What other operations do they perform?
- What does the procedure involve?
- Do they have some references from several patients?
- Can you see before and after picture of their work?
- What are the risks connected to having this type of work done?
- Where will the operation take place?
This list is just a small sampling of the questions that you need to ask before you even think of getting something as life changing as cosmetic surgery done to your body.
After finding a surgeon that you trust, they’ll most likely discuss how you too have a responsibility in the outcome of the success of your procedure and recovery.
This would include:
- Informing the physician of previous treatments, whether intrusive, minimally invasive or reconstructive
- Letting the health care provider know about any medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements you take
- Having a clear picture of what results to expect in reference to your appearance
- Finding out from your doctor how long you will need to convalesce
Overall, having your plastic surgery done by a medical specialist who has extensive training can be a positive experience and enhance your quality of life. We’re more than happy to help you in making your transition easier. Please fill out the form on the right with details about your procedure.
Serving Arlington Heights, Illinois zip code areas:
60004, 60005, 60006